Thursday, May 25, 2017

In the Blink of an Eye

In the blink of an eye.

Sometimes in life you take a moment, look around, and realize so much has changed, literally, in the blink of an eye.

While Wearing Heels, a blog I started when my sweet little girl was 4, fell to the way side as I tried to embrace the moments of motherhood.  Though I desperately miss the creativity While Wearing Heels brought me and the friendships it led me to making, I have enjoyed watching this little girl grow up, in what feels like the blink of an eye.

I swear, it was just yesterday, this sweet girl was four years old, twirling around in princess dresses.  Now, this little girl is nine years old.  9!  She's still twirling around but I'm aware, in what will feel like the blink of an eye, she'll be before me twirling around in her graduation gown or her wedding dress.


For now, though, I'll enjoy this 9 year old twirling around in this very moment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...