Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Embroidery at the touch of a button

My parents came for a visit this past weekend. It's always nice to see them but it's even nicer to see them when my mom brings along her embroidery machine.


With a house warming party on the horizon, it was a perfect excuse to take advantage of free embroidery. I love saving money!

I found a set of designer hand towels from Home Goods for $5 a piece. Did I mention I love saving money?


These plush white hand towels were clean and crisp BUT with an embroidery machine at my disposal, I couldn't wait to personalize them by adding monograms.


This machine is so easy to use. Once I typed in the couples monogram, I just pressed the start button and magic happened.


No one would guess that this set of white hand towels only cost me $10.50.


In addition to the hand towels, I added a box of Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix. As I have already established, I have not quite mastered the art of baking. I had to laugh when, having made these brownies, the couple raved so much about them they asked for my recipe...the secret is out, Betty Crocker!


The towels were so easy to embellish, I wanted to think of other things to embroider as well.

I am in the process of preparing a welcome to the world package for my friend's baby boy, so I definitely wanted to send something with personalization.

That's my mom, well her hands at least, embroidering a onesie.


Another $2 Faded Glory Onesie looks custom with the addition of a little personalization.


Come back tomorrow and see what I ended up doing with this...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...